30 August 12 New Study: Weight Cycling Doesn’t Affect Ability to Lose Weight
A new study in Metabolism shows that one’s past experience with “weight cycling” (aka. “yo-yo dieting”), doesn’t wreck one’s metabolism and make it impossible to lose weight again.
A study including over 400 overweight, inactive, and post-menopausal women showed that there were “no significant differences” in an adherence to lifestyle interventions aimed at making them more healthy and lose weight.
The group of women who participated in the study had varying levels of past weight cycling, and all were placed on a 12-month diet and exercise program.
The conclusion: “A history of weight cycling does not impede successful participation in lifestyle interventions or alter the benefits of diet and/or exercise on body composition and metabolic outcomes.”
So let’s not use the mentality of a “wrecked metabolism” to keep us from trying to live healthier lives. That’s a mental block we can overcome!Have questions or comments about this post? Please feel free to comment on MyNetDiary's Community Forum or Facebook page – We would love to hear from you. And consider visiting our new Pinterest page!
- Portion Control School Dropout? Try These P's and Q's
- Guide to the Top 20 Blog Posts on Nutrition & Weight Control at MyNetDiary
- How to Handle Sandwich Bread for Weight & Carb Control
- Tips for Losing Weight
- Quick Weight Loss or Gradual Weight Loss?
- Fatigue & Weight Loss - Here's how being tired is preventing you from losing weight
- What's Your Strategy?
- If you're struggling to lose weight you might want to change these 3 habits
- "Facts" about Obesity
- Wait to Lose Weight?
This article can be found at https://www.mynetdiary.com/new-study-weight-cycling-doesnt-affect-ability.html