3 tablespoon Olive or extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp Sauce soy reduced sodium
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Rinse and then towel dry kale.
- Remove big middle stem then chop into big pieces.
- Place in large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix olive oil and soy sauce well.
- Add sauce to large bowl and toss well to coat kale.
- Spread kale leaves onto 2 large cookie sheets with sides (or jelly roll pans).
- Bake for 20 minutes and “rake” the leaves halfway through baking so that they are evenly roasted and don’t burn.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Bragg's bottled amino acids can be used in place of reduced sodium soy sauce.
Resist the urge to use extra salt until you taste the kale. Kale has a naturally salty taste.
11 cups of chopped kale is about what you get from 1 large bunch of kale.
You can save time by buying prewashed packaged baby kale.
Use the type of kale you like - it doesn't have to be any particular type.