2 tsp Olive or extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup, chopped Onions raw
1 cup Egg substitute liquid or frozen fat free
1/2 cup, shredded Cheese mozzarella part skim milk low moisture
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil on medium high heat in nonstick pan.
- Add onions and saute for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add kale (any type is fine) and the remaining olive oil to pan and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add egg substitute and reduce to low heat. Cook long enough so that egg is less runny and looks more solid. It helps to gently tilt the pan while cooking so that uncooked egg moves into contact with the heated bottom of the skillet. This could take about 5-7 minutes.
- Top egg with shredded cheese then using a large nonstick spatula, flip half of omelet onto the other so that it makes a large half-moon shape. Cook another 1 minute so that cheese melts.
- Using the edge of your spatula, cut omelet in half and serve immediately on preheated plates.
Kale has a naturally salty taste so taste first before you add salt. Log any salt you add to track sodium.
Preheat your plates by heating on medium in the microwave for 30 seconds.