1 cup Milk nonfat skim or fat free
1/2 cup, chopped Walnuts raw
- Place quinoa, nonfat milk, and tap water in a 3 quart saucepan (or medium size) and heat on high uncovered until mixture just starts to boil - about 5 minutes or so.
- Turn heat down to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until most of the liquid is gone (okay if quinoa is very moist).
- Turn off heat, add fresh blackberries and ground cinnamon, return cover, and allow cooked mixture to sit for 3-5 minutes so that the berries are warmed.
- Toast walnuts in a dry skillet on medium heat (or in your toaster) for about 2 minutes and then chop.
- Scoop out even amounts of quinoa between 4 bowls and top with chopped toasted walnuts (about 2 tbsp nuts per bowl).
- Drizzle with agave syrup – about 1 tsp per bowl.
If you don’t have fresh blackberries, then use frozen unsweetened berries. Thaw or gently microwave until just warm.