3 sprays, about 1/3 second each spray Vegetable cooking spray oil
2 tbsp chopped Onions green spring or scallions raw
1/3 cup, pieces or slices Mushrooms white raw
1/3 cup, chopped Peppers sweet green raw
2 tsp Olive or extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Milk nonfat skim or fat free
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- Spray large nonstick skillet with pan spray and heat to medium.
- Add green onions, mushrooms, and sweet peppers to pan and saute for about 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add olive oil to pan and swirl to coat.
- Whisk egg whites with milk.
- Add egg mixture to pan and cook, periodically pushing the sides and slicing the middle with a silicone spatula. Cook for about 4 minutes or so or until egg whites are no longer runny or raw.
- Add cooked veggies to the center of the pan and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over entire egg area.
- Fold omelet twice - take one side and fold it so it meets in the middle, then do the same on the opposite side. It should look like a long rectangle.
- Turn off heat and cover omelet for about 30 seconds so that cheese melts.
- Serve omelet on a preheated plate and enjoy.
Garnished with green onion curls in recipe photo. You can make this garnish by slicing green onion tops into very thin, lengthwise slices. Place slices in ice water for a few minutes - they will curl up.
Romano cheese is a great substitute for Parmesan cheese.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Log the salt if you need to track sodium.
Preheat plate by microwaving on medium for 30 seconds.