1 medium (2-1/2" dia) Onions raw
2 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) Peppers sweet red raw
2 tsp Olive or extra virgin olive oil
16oz Turkey ground 93% lean 7% fat raw
1 oz Candies semisweet chocolate
2 can drained solids Pinto beans canned
28 oz Tomatoes diced canned no salt added
3 cup Chicken broth reduced sodium canned
1 1/2 tsp Cumin seed ground or whole
1 1/2 tsp, leaves Oregano dried
- Chop onions, peppers and garlic. Saute in olive oil until tender.
- Add turkey and saute until no longer pink.
- Chop the semisweet chocolate if you are not using chips.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and simmer over medium heat until chili thickens, about one hour.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Garnished with fresh oregano leaves in recipe photo.