6 sprays, about 1/3 second each spray Vegetable cooking spray oil
1 cup, chopped Onions raw
1 cup, chopped Peppers sweet green raw
4 oz Peppers chili green canned
1/2 cup Chicken broth reduced sodium canned
2 cup Peppers hot chili immature green canned sauce
1/2 tsp Chili chipotle powder
16 oz Chicken breast roasted meat only skinless
12 tortilla Tortillas corn
1 cup, shredded Mozzarella cheese part skim low moisture
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Coat a 13 in x 9 in baking dish that is oven-safe with spray oil. A Pyrex baking dish works well.
- Combine onion, green pepper, green chili, chicken broth, and 1/2 cup of the green chili sauce in a large nonstick skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chili powders, pepper, garlic, and chicken to skillet. Stir then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Check to see if you need to add a little more chicken broth to keep the mixture moist, not dry.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave so that they are easier to roll. You can roll in damp paper towels or use a microwaveable tortilla warmer.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture on each tortilla, roll, and place seam down on baking dish (this helps prevent the tortilla from unrolling).
- Spread the rest of the green chili sauce over the tortillas.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes so that cheese is browned.
- Cool for 15 minutes and then serve.
Makes 12 tortillas
1 serving = 2 tortillas
Garnished with sliced fresh green onion in recipe photo.
Green enchilada sauce or green chili sauce works well in this recipe.
If you use flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas, consider using the low carb style to control calories, carbs, and possibly sodium.