14 oz Tofu firm made with calcium sulfate
3 tbsp Peppers sweet red raw
1/2 cup Onions young green tops only
1 tablespoon Olive or extra virgin olive oil
- Slice block of tofu in half and lay each half on 2 clean kitchen towels. Cover the tofu with another 2 clean kitchen towels and then place a heavy object (such as a cast iron skillet) on top of the tofu (for about 10 minutes) to press and drain out the water
- While the tofu is draining, mince the garlic and dice the red pepper and onion.
- Once the tofu is ready, crumble it into pieces
- Heat a medium skillet on the stove until hot. Saute the garlic, red pepper, and onions in olive oil on medium heat for about 3 minutes. Stir in the crumbled tofu, then add the turmeric, salt, pepper and tamari sauce
- Cook the tofu and spices for another 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warm.
Garnished with fresh parsley in recipe photo.