2/3 cup Bread crumbs panko
1 1/2 tablespoon Ginger root raw
2/3 cup Water chestnuts sliced
2 large egg Egg whole raw
16 oz Pork ground 96% lean 4% fat raw
2 lb Turkey ground 93% lean 7% fat raw
6 large Onions green spring or scallions raw
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the bread crumbs in a large bowl. Add ground ginger, diced ginger root, finely diced water chestnuts, black pepper, salt, mixed eggs and egg yolk and 3 Tbsp Teriyaki sauce. Mix well.
- Add ground meats to the bread crumb mixture and mix thoroughly, making sure to not overwork the meat.
- Pinch off a portion of meat mixture (about 2 Tbsp) and rolling it between your hands, form meat balls. This recipe makes 62 meatballs.
- Place meatballs on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 min or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked.
- Let meatballs cool, place on a serving plate and sprinkle with thinly sliced green onions.
- Serve meatballs alongside a small bowl containing 1 1/3 cup of Teriyaki sauce. This recipe accounts for each meatball being dipped into 1 tsp of Teriyaki sauce.
1 serving = 1 meatball with 1 tsp of Teriyaki sauce.
This recipe can be prepared a day ahead of time. Reheat meatballs in a slow-cooker on low until warm.
If you need to limit sodium intake, be very careful to portion control Teriyaki sauce - it is very high in sodium. Consider using reduced sodium Teriyaki sauce.
If you prefer, you can brush the meatballs with 1/3 cup Teriyaki sauce before baking and just serve with 1 cup of Teriyaki sauce.