12 sprays, about 1/3 second each spray Vegetable cooking spray oil
1 cup chopped Broccoli raw
1/2 cup, pieces or slices Mushrooms white raw
1/2 cup Spinach all varieties raw
1/2 cup, chopped Peppers sweet green raw
1/2 cup, chopped Onions green spring or scallions raw
1 tsp Olive or extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp chopped Onions raw
1 cup, shredded Cheddar cheese
9 large egg Egg whole raw
1/4 tsp Table Salt Iodized
1/2 tsp Mustard seed ground
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Finely dice broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, sweet peppers, and scallions.
- Saute the vegetables above in 1 teaspoon of olive oil until tender, but crisp. Allow to cool.
- Divide the vegetables, onion, and cheese evenly into each muffin well.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs with salt, pepper, and mustard powder.
- Pour eggs evenly over vegetables. Bake 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve warm or let them cool and refrigerate for a quick on-the-go breakfast.
These mini egg casseroles make an incredible high protein on-the-go breakfast. You can make them ahead on a Sunday and eat them all week. They will last for up to 5 days in the fridge and can also be frozen. Just stick them in the microwave for 30 seconds and enjoy!