1 head, medium (5-6" dia) Cauliflower raw
1 small (5-1/2" long) Carrots raw
2 1/4 cup Edamame frozen unprepared
2 large egg Egg whole raw
3 tbsp Sauce soy reduced sodium
4 medium (4-1/8" long) Onions green spring or scallions raw
- Shred cauliflower using the large side of the cheese grater or pulse it in a food processor. You want it to resemble small grains of rice.
- Dice carrot and mince garlic.
- Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and garlic, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Shell edamame. 2 1/4 cups edamame should make about 1 cup shelled.
- Add cauliflower, shelled edamame, and the rest of the sesame oil. Stir fry until cauliflower is soft (about 5 minutes).
- Make a well in the middle of the pan and turn down the heat to medium-low. Add the eggs in the middle and stir gently until the eggs are fully cooked, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and green onions. Serve warm.
This is a lower carb alternative to regular fried rice without losing the great taste. You can bump up protein by adding chicken or shrimp. It can also easily be made vegetarian by substituting tofu for eggs.
You can purchase frozen riced cauliflower to save time. Or, you can purchase 2 bags of prewashed chopped cauliflower and then shred as directed.
You can buy frozen mukimame (shelled edamame) to save time. Use 1 cup shelled.