2 tsp Olive or extra virgin olive oil
1 cup, chopped Onions red raw
2 cup Cannellini or white kidney beans canned no salt added
2 cup cherry tomatoes Tomatoes cherry raw
16 cup Arugula or rocket raw
8 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- Mince garlic.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add chopped onion and minced garlic and saute until tender.
- Add wine. Stir constantly until liquid mostly evaporates.
- Rinse and drain beans.
- Add beans to onion-garlic mixture. Cook 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Arrange arugula and tomatoes evenly on each plate.
- Divide the bean mixture on each plate.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Sliced onion was used for recipe photo, but sliced or chopped works well.
1 medium red onion makes about 1 cup sliced or chopped.
Shaved parmesan cheese was used for recipe photo, but grated will disperse more evenly throughout the recipe. Choose whichever form you prefer.