8 oz Ham honey smoked cooked
1 cup, chopped Carrots raw
1 cup, chopped Onions raw
2 tsp Olive or extra virgin olive oil
2 potato medium (2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia) Potatoes with skin raw
1/4 tsp, ground Thyme dried
- Wash and sort split peas, removing any stones.
- Cut ham into small pieces.
- Saute chopped carrots, onion, and celery in olive oil.
- Dice the potatoes.
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Recipe photo shows a garnish of fresh flat leaf parsley.
If you prefer smaller pieces, then dice the carrots, onion, and celery.