2 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long) Celery raw
1 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) Peppers sweet red raw
1 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) Peppers sweet green raw
2 tsp Olive or extra virgin olive oil
20 oz Chicken dark meat thigh only enhanced raw
1/2 cup Peanut butter smooth with salt
1 tsp Chili flakes or crushed red pepper spice
12 oz Chicken broth reduced sodium canned
- Chop celery, onion, and bell peppers.
- Saute the vegetables in oil.
- Place vegetables in slow cooker.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables and coat chicken with peanut butter.
- Sprinkle with chili pepper.
- Add chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Garnished with fresh celery leaves in recipe photo.
Smooth or chunky peanut butter works well in this recipe.