1/4 tsp Cumin seed ground or whole
1/4 cup Olive or extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Lemon juice raw
1 tbsp Sesame butter or tahini
2 tbsp Seeds sesame whole dried
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and peel the skin off the eggplant. Then cut it length wise and salt the cut surface, placing the cut side up on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the eggplant rounds for 30 minutes or until eggplant is soft.
- Let cool then cut into cubes. Place in a food processor with cumin, lemon juice, tahini and olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Toast the sesame seeds for 1-2 minutes in a small caste iron skillet or frying pan. Serve warm with toasted sesame seeds and drizzle of olive oil on top. Enjoy!
Notes: 200g of eggplant is equal to 1 medium eggplant