The turkey filling can be made ahead of time and stuffed into lettuce leaves right before serving as a flavorful snack or crowd-pleasing appetizer.
8 oz Turkey ground 93% lean 7% fat raw
1 cup, grated Carrots raw
0.5 cup Peanuts dry roasted without salt
12 leaf small Lettuce raw (butterhead boston or bibb type)
- Cook ground turkey in a pan over medium heat until browned and cooked through.
- Add soy sauce and agave (or other sweetener) to ground turkey; stir.
- Place a spoonful of turkey on each lettuce leaf.
- Chop peanuts; top wrap with peanuts and shredded carrots.
- Wrap lettuce leaf around filling and serve.