1/2 cup Sesame butter or tahini
1/4 cup Olive or extra virgin olive oil
30 oz Chickpeas or garbanzo beans canned no salt added
1/4 cup Parsley fresh or raw herb
- Put tahini and olive oil in a food processor and pulse on high until smooth.
- Add peeled garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, water, and salt to food processor. Pulse on high until smooth. Use a spatula to push food down from sides if necessary.
- Transfer hummus into a serving bowl that can hold 3 cups.
- Chop parsley. Sprinkle parsley and paprika over hummus just before serving.
- Each serving is 1/4 cup or 4 tbsp.
Serve as a dip for your favorite raw vegetables.
Serve as a dip for toasted whole wheat pita.
Serve on top of a garden salad.