1 medium Squash summer yellow raw
4 tablespoon Olive or extra virgin olive oil
6 olives Olives kalamata pitted
8 leaves Basil fresh or raw herb
- Preheat grill to 400F (medium-high heat).
- Cut eggplant, yellow squash, and zucchini into 1/4-inch thick diagonal slices.
- Place vegetable slices in a large bowl with salt, pepper, and 3 tbsp of oil (reserve the last 1 tbsp oil for serving). Stir to coat vegetables evenly.
- Grill the vegetables for 3-5 minutes on each side so that they are tender and show grill marks. Turn off the grill.
- Mince olives.
- Arrange grilled vegetables on a serving platter. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and remaining 1 tbsp oil. Top with minced olives and fresh basil leaves.
Each serving is about 1 cup.
1 medium eggplant weighs about 11 oz.
Although any summer squash will work in this recipe, yellow squash and zucchini provide a lovely color combination.
Finely chopping the olives helps distribute the salty flavor throughout the dish.
Boost the protein in your meal by serving with your favorite bean salad and high-protein plant milk. Be sure to log those additional items.
This recipe would also pair well with a Mediterranean-style vegan wrap.