2 sweetpotato, 5" long Sweet potato raw
1 tsp Olive or extra virgin olive oil
1 cup Black beans canned low sodium
1/2 tsp Cumin seed ground or whole
1 cup Spinach all varieties raw
4 tortilla medium Tortillas whole wheat flour
- Wash the sweet potato thoroughly, pat dry, and pierce 3-4 times with a fork. Place potato on a microwave-safe plate and microwave 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, dice the shallot.
- Remove sweet potato (it is ok if it is 75% cooked) from the microwave, cool enough to handle, then dice into chunks.
- Heat a large skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add olive oil and shallot and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the sweet potato chunks and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Measure out one cup of beans and add to the skillet.
- Add salt and cumin powder to skillet. Mix well.
- Chop spinach and add to skillet.
- Cook for another 3 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the spinach has wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the sweet potato mixture is cool enough to handle, divide evenly between 4 tortillas. This recipe specifies whole wheat tortillas though you can use the wrap of your choice.
- Quarter avocado and mash with the back of a fork. Top each burrito evenly with fresh avocado mash.
Garnish with pico de gallo and cilantro.
2 sweet potatoes make about 2 cups cubed.