5 cup Vegetable broth or bouillon low sodium
1 medium (2-1/2" dia) Onions raw
2 potato medium (2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia) Potatoes Yukon Gold flesh and skin raw
4 1/2 cup chopped Broccoli raw
1 tsp, ground Basil dried
2 tablespoon Nutritional yeast seasoning
- Add cashews and 1 cup of vegetable broth to a high-powered blender and process for about 1 minute or until smooth. Set aside.
- Dice onion and chop potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Add onion, potato, and remaining 4 cups of vegetable broth to a large pot. Heat on high until soup simmers. Reduce heat, cover, and then cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and basil to pot and bring back to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes and broccoli are tender.
- Stir in black pepper, nutritional yeast, and cashew mixture. Bring to a simmer and then remove from heat.
- Carefully transfer half of soup mixture to blender and process until smooth. Return blenderized soup to pot. Stir to mix.
- Divide soup evenly among 6 bowls. Enjoy!
6 oz cashews is 1 1/3 cup.
If available, use an immersion blender directly in pot to partially blenderize the soup. This is safer (and easier) than pouring part of the hot soup back into the blender.
Nutritional yeast is an excellent way to boost protein and B-vitamins in vegan dishes.