6 oz Noodles rice dry uncooked
2 tablespoon Ginger root raw
1/4 cup Peanut butter smooth with salt
2 tbsp Sauce soy reduced sodium
1/2 tsp Pepper red or cayenne spice
1 tablespoon Olive or extra virgin olive oil
1 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) Peppers sweet red raw
3 medium (4-1/8" long) Onions green spring or scallions raw
1/4 cup Cilantro or coriander leaves fresh or raw herb
1/3 cup Peanuts dry roasted without salt
4 cup, shredded Cabbage savoy raw
- Cook rice noodles according to directions on package. Drain and chill under cold running water.
- Mince ginger and garlic. Add ginger, garlic, peanut butter, orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, and salt to a food processor and blend until smooth. Set peanut sauce aside.
- Add olive oil to a medium-sized skillet and heat on medium. Dice tempeh into bite-sized pieces. Saute tempeh for about 5-7 minutes or until browned.
- Dice sweet pepper and scallions. Peel and shred carrots. Chop cilantro and peanuts.
- Add sweet pepper, scallions, carrots, and cabbage to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add rice noodles, peanut sauce, and tempeh to the bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Plate 6 equal portions of noodle salad. Top with chopped cilantro and peanuts.
Add extra red pepper or hot sauce to the dressing if you like more spice.
1/2 orange squeezed makes about 1/4 cup juice.
1 lime squeezed makes about 2 tbsp juice.
You can substitute soba noodles for rice noodles.
To add color, substitute a mix of red and green cabbage for savoy cabbage.
To save preparation time, substitute packaged coleslaw mix for savoy cabbage.