1/3 cup Soy sauce reduced sodium
1 tablespoon Cooking wine
1 1/2 cup flowerets Broccoli florets raw
1 cup, chopped Carrots raw
1/2 cup, chopped Peppers sweet red raw
1 cup, pieces or slices Mushrooms white raw
1/2 cup, chopped Onions green spring or scallions raw
- Combine soy sauce, cooking wine or sherry, brown sugar, corn starch in a small bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium heat until hot.
- Cut tempeh into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Add tempeh to hot skillet and cook for 2 minutes until light brown.
- Add broccoli and carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and sliced mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mince ginger and garlic, then add and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture, bring to a boil and then add green onions.
- Cook 1-2 minutes or until the green onions are soft, and all veggies are tender.
Served over brown rice in recipe photo (not included in recipe analysis).