2 tbsp Cocoa powder dry unsweetened
- Whisk the cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place almonds in a medium-large bowl.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the syrup and vanilla extract in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Pour syrup mixture over the almonds and stir to coat.
- Shake the cocoa powder mixture over the almonds. Toss gently until the almonds are evenly coated.
1 serving = 1/4 cup.
Use raw or roasted almonds in this recipe. If you use salted almonds, then omit the salt in Step 1.
This recipe works well with almonds, cashews, or walnuts.
Substitute maple syrup with agave syrup or honey if you prefer.