7 October 11 Two Foods You Can Make at Home: Yogurt and (Healthy) Fruit Roll-upsEarlier this week we posted an article chocked full of great snack ideas pulled from the MyNetDiary Community Forum. We hope you found it helpful and tasty. Our members provided many good options for low calorie snacks.
Now we would like to take it a step further and provide recipes for two foods you probably buy from your local grocery but can easily make at home: yogurt and (healthy) fruit roll-ups. The benefits of making foods at home is that it can save you money and you can tailor the ingredients to suit your tastes and your nutrition goals. Let's get started!
- one medium-to-large sized cooler
- two or three quart-sized containers (pitchers, soda bottles, etc.)
- a kitchen thermometer
- 12 half-pint jars or ceramic cups to hold the yogurt
- about one gallon of milk (lowfat to whole milk is preferred. It's harder to get non-fat to set)
- small container of your favorite store-bought yogurt to use as a starter culture (non-flavored yogurts work a little better, but use whatever you like or try different ones)
- if you like thicker yogurt, you can add a few tablespoons of powdered milk, but this is optional
This article can be found at http://www.mynetdiary.com/two-foods-you-can-make-at-home-yogurt-and.html