2 eggplant, peeled (yield from 1-1/4 lb) Eggplant raw
1/3 cup Olive or extra virgin olive oil
1 cup, chopped Onions raw
1 cup, chopped Zucchini raw
1 tablespoon Thyme fresh or raw herb
1 3/4 cup, chopped or sliced Tomatoes red raw
1/2 cup Parsley fresh or raw herb
- Cut peeled eggplant into 1-inch chunks.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven on medium heat.
- Add eggplant and saute for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Add onion and zucchini and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and thyme and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly to avoid burning the garlic.
- Add sliced tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are very soft – about 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add salt and pepper, and stir to mix well.
- Divide equally between 4 bowls and top with chopped fresh parsley (whichever type you prefer). Serve and enjoy!
If you wish to use more salt but need to limit sodium intake, then try a reduced sodium salt product. Be aware that sea salt contains about the same amount of sodium as table salt.
If you do not have fresh thyme, then use about 1 tsp of dried thyme.