1 medium (2-1/2" dia) Onions raw
1/4 cup Cilantro or coriander leaves fresh or raw herb
1 tbsp Olive or extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp Cumin seed ground or whole
1 tsp Coriander seed ground or whole dried
15 oz Tomatoes crushed canned no salt added
15 oz Chickpeas or garbanzo beans canned no salt added
1/2 cup Coconut milk canned light
- Chop onions, mince garlic, grate ginger, and chop cilantro. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and saute for an additional few minutes. Add the spices and saute, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, chickpeas, and coconut milk. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir in the spinach.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide between two bowls and enjoy.
1 medium onion makes about 2/3 cup chopped.
Serve over brown rice if desired.