22 December 2015 The 12 Calorie Bombs of Christmas
Sung to the tune of “The 12 Days of Christmas.”
On the 12th Day of Christmas I counted calories
12 cups of eggnog (4000)
11 sugar cookies (1400)
10 candy canes (550)
9 chocolate truffles (1000)
8 squares of fudge (1000)
7 chocolate rum balls (500)
6 peppermint lattes (1500)
5 ginger bread men (500)
4 cups of cocoa (600)
3 Mince pies (3800)
2 fruit cakes (3000)
and a figgy pudding topped with whipped cream (5000)
That’s 22,850 calories, give or take a few. Technically not enough to gain that theoretical 10 lbs. everyone is supposed to pack on over the holidays. But enough to derail any diet.
The Take Away Message: enjoy your favorite holiday treats, but don’t let them take over your life.Have questions or comments about this post? Please feel free to comment on MyNetDiary's Community Forum or Facebook page – We would love to hear from you. And consider visiting our new Pinterest page!
- Handling Holiday Leftovers
- A Holiday Appetizer That Won't Blow Your Carb Budget
- Five Ways to “Hold the Holidays”
- Try the 80/20 Rule and Improve Holiday Eating!
- Easy Peasy Ways to Curb Calories during the Holidays
- Is Your Heartburn Getting Worse?
- How to Not Overeat During the Holidays
- Running the Holiday Gauntlet
- What Really Contributes to Weight Gain - Some Surprising Stats
- Getting Back on Track
This article can be found at https://www.mynetdiary.com/the-12-calorie-bombs-of-christmas.html