The articles below discuss Nutrition, Weight Control, Diabetes and provide valuable tips on using MyNetDiary apps for losing weight healthily.
- Planning Weight & Calories — discover how calories planning works at MyNetDiary to help you reach your your weight goal.
- Planning Your Nutrient Needs — learn where the recommended macronutrient, vitamin, and mineral goals come from and how to change them if needed.
- Why Use a Diary To Track Diet and Exercise — discusses benefits of keeping a food diary and other helpful behaviors.
- Measuring and Estimating Portion Size — provides practical tips on portion control, including both planning and estimating portion sizes.
- 4 Tips for Choosing a Weight Loss Diet That Works for You — tips on how to select a diet that is safe and works well for you.
- Hidden Cues To Eating — learn what drives us to overeat and what you can do about it.
- The Dreaded Weight Plateau — explains why you might have stopped losing weight and offers tips for breaking the plateau.
- Weight Maintenance — congratulations, you have achieved your weight goal! Now what do you do?
- Meal Plans — learn more about MyNetDiary’s paid meal plans for Paleo and TLC (heart healthy) diets.
- Fats — describes the different types of fats and how to make healthier food choices.
- Carbohydrates: Sugar, Starch, and Fiber — describes what carbohydrates are and how to make healthier carb choices.
- Protein Foods — lists animal and vegetarian protein sources and how to make smart choices if you are trying to lose weight.
- Foods to Meet Nutrient Needs — describes how our nutrient needs are met by food choices.
- Water — We Need It! — explains why we need water, how much we need, and how to track it.
- What is the Food Score or Food Grade? — explains what it is and how to use it to make healthier food choices.
- Physical Activity — it's all about moving! This article describes the basic types of physical activity and how to get started.
- Diabetes Basics — describes the basics of healthy eating and carb goals for people with diabetes. This article is also helpful for people with prediabetes.
- Tracking Diabetes with MyNetDiary — overview, tips, and recommendations for tracking diabetes at MyNetDiary.
Planning Weight, Calories & Nutrients
Basics of Tracking
Weight Loss & Maintenance
Healthy Eating & Exercise
MyNetDiary provides online tools for tracking blood glucose, insulin, and medications, as well as a special Diabetes Tracker mobile app for iPhone and for Android that can sync with the website. The following two articles provide background information on diabetes, and an overview of tracking diabetes with MyNetDiary — how to get the most out of it.
MyNetDiary dietitian and diabetes educator Katherine Isacks, MPS, RDN, CDE has shared her expertise in multiple articles about calories tracking, weight control, healthy eating, nutrition, and diabetes.
In addition to the articles, read Dietitian's Blog for useful tips and information about nutrition, weight control, exercise, and diabetes. Also visit Community Forum where Katherine and Joanna Kriehn, MS, RDN, CDE answer common diet and weight loss questions.
If you are new to MyNetDiary, check out these two short videos:
Free Diet Tools
MyNetDiary provides some of the best diet planning and food tracking tools in its membership section. We are proud of our 863,000 food database, it's very accurate and up-to-date.
You can search food database online, to quickly lookup nutrition facts on any food.
Weight Loss Efficacy
MyNetDiary efficacy report is based on studying how well the program works for MyNetDiary users.