MyNetDiary Library: Nutrition, Weight Control, and Diabetes
MyNetDiary dietitian and diabetes educator Katherine Isacks, MPS, RDN, CDE has shared her expertise in multiple articles about calories tracking, weight control, healthy eating, nutrition, and diabetes. In addition to the articles, read Dietitian's Blog for useful tips and information about nutrition, weight control, exercise, and diabetes. Also visit Community Forum where Katherine and Joanna Kriehn, MS, RDN, CDE answer common diet and weight loss questions.
Here is the current listing of her articles written for MyNetDiary:
- Why Use a Diary To Track Diet and Exercise — discusses benefits of keeping a food diary and other helpful behaviors.
- 4 Tips for Choosing a Weight Loss Diet That Works for You — tips on how to select a diet that is safe and works well for you.
- Foods to Meet Nutrient Needs — it does matter where the calories come from!
- Meal Plannning — plan better, it does matter where the calories come from!
- What is the Food Score? — explains the Food Score and provides tips on using it.
- Measuring and Estimating Portion Size — provides practical tips on portion control, including both planning and estimating portion sizes.
- Physical Activity — it's all about moving! The article discusses types of physical activity and how to get started.
- Hidden Cues To Eating — what drives us to overeat?
- The Dreaded Weight Plateau — discusses the underlying reasons for not losing weight, and offers several tips and guidelines on breaking it.
- Planning Weight & Calories — helps you plan your diet and customize your calorie goals with MyNetDiary.
- Customizing Your Nutrient Goals — helps you plan and enter your macronutrients, sodium, and vitamin D goals in MyNetDiary.
- Carbohydrates: Sugar, Starch, and Fiber — discusses carb types, and provides tips for getting more of good carbs.
- Fiber — sources and tips.
- Protein Foods — good, healthful protein sources.
- Fats — we all need fats, but how to eat them healthfully?
- Water Needs — explains why we need water and approximately how much of it we need.
- Weight Maintenance — congratulations, you have achieved your weight goal! What's next?
MyNetDiary provides online tools for tracking blood glucose, insulin, and medications, as well as a special Diabetes Tracker mobile app for iPhone and for Android that can sync with the website. The following two articles provide background information on diabetes, and an overview of tracking diabetes with MyNetDiary — how to get the most out of it.
- Diabetes Basics — discusses diet aspects of diabetes management.
- Tracking Diabetes with MyNetDiary — overview, tips, and recommendations.
MyNetDiary also prepared a detailed report of how effectively it works for its members. See MyNetDiary efficacy report for more information.
Free Diet Tools
MyNetDiary provides some of the best diet planning and food tracking tools in its membership section. We are very proud of our 853,000 food database, it's very accurate and up-to-date.
You can search food database online, to quickly lookup nutrition facts on any food.