Diet and Weight Loss Resources
Food Diary and Diet ArticlesMyNetDiary nutrition and dieting advisor Katherine Isacks, MPS, RD, CDE answers common diet and weight loss questions in the Community Forum. Katherine also writes articles about healthy nutrition, food diaries, and calorie counting.
Here is the current listing of her articles written for MyNetDiary:
- Why Keep Diet and Exercise Records — discusses benefits of keeping a food diary and other helpful behaviors.
- Diets — which one is best for you? — lists diet selection criteria, helping to select the right one for you.
- Foods to Meet Nutrient Needs — it does matter where the calories come from!
- Meal Plannning — plan better, it does matter where the calories come from!
- What is the Food Score? — explains the Food Score and provides tips on using it.
- Measuring and Estimating Portion Size — provides practical tips on portion control, including both planning and estimating portion sizes.
- Physical Activity — it's all about moving! The article discusses types of physical activity and how to get started.
- Hidden Cues To Eating — what drives us to overeat?
- The Dreaded Weight Plateau — discusses the underlying reasons for not losing weight, and offers several tips and guidelines on breaking it.
- Customizing Your Calorie Goals — helps you plan your diet and customize your calorie goals with MyNetDiary.
- Customizing Your Nutrient Goals — helps you plan and enter your macronutrients, sodium, and vitamin D goals in MyNetDiary.
- Planning Tips for iPhone Users — how to build a good diet plan on the iPhone.
- Carbohydrates: Sugar, Starch, and Fiber — discusses carb types, and provides tips for getting more of good carbs.
- Protein Foods — good, healthful protein sources.
- Fats — we all need fats, but how to eat them healthfully?
- About Low Carb Diets — discusses pros and cons of low carb diets, and nutrition tips.
- Vegetarian Diets — how to eat well for vegetarians.
- Water Needs — explains why we need water and approximately how much of it we need.
- Sample Menus — ideas and suggestions for your menu planning.
- Weight Maintenance — congratulations, you have achieved your weight goal! What's next?
- Dietitian's Personal Account — a dietitian also needs to control weight and here she shares some personal strategies.
MyNetDiary provides online tools for tracking blood glucose, insulin, and medications, as well as a special Diabetes Tracker mobile app for iPhone and for Android that can sync with the website. The following two articles provide background information on diabetes, and an overview of tracking diabetes with MyNetDiary — how to get the most out of it.
- Diabetes Basics — discusses diet aspects of diabetes management.
- Tracking Diabetes with MyNetDiary — overview, tips, and recommendations.
MyNetDiary also prepared a detailed report of how effectively it works for its members. See MyNetDiary efficacy report for more information.
Free Diet Tools
MyNetDiary provides some of the best diet planning and food tracking tools in its membership section. We are very proud of our 697,000 food database, it's very accurate and up-to-date.
You can search food database online, to quickly lookup nutrition facts on any food.