MyNetDiary is much more than a calorie counter - it is a diet service, helping you lose weight,
learn to eat more healthfully, and get fit.
First of all, if you are new to MyNetDiary, check out this short introduction video.
MyNetDiary nutrition and dieting advisor
Katherine Isacks, MPS, RDN, CDE works on a series of articles on diet, nutrition, and fitness.
Katherine regularly answers common diet, fitness, and weight loss questions in the Community Forum.
The articles below address some of the most important topics in losing weight healthfully and managing your diet with
- Diets — which one is best for you? - lists diet selection criteria, helping to select the right one for you.
- Foods to Meet Nutrient Needs - it does matter where the calories come from!
- What is the Food Score? - explains the Food Score and provides tips on using it.
- Measuring and Estimating Portion Size - provides practical tips on portion control, including both planning and estimating portion sizes.
- Physical Activity - it's all about moving! The article discusses types of physical activity and how to get started.
- Hidden Cues To Eating - what drives us to overeat?
- The Dreaded Weight Plateau - discusses the underlying reasons for not losing weight, and offers several tips and guidelines on breaking it.
- Planning Weight & Calories - helps you plan your diet and customize your calorie goals with MyNetDiary.
- Customizing Your Nutrient Goals - helps you plan and enter your macronutrients, sodium, and vitamin D goals in MyNetDiary.
- Planning Tips for iPhone Users - how to build a good diet plan on the iPhone.
- Carbohydrates: Sugar, Starch, and Fiber - discusses carb types, and provides tips for getting more of good carbs.
- Fiber - sources and tips.
- Protein Foods - good, healthful protein sources.
- Fats - we all need fats, but how to eat them healthfully?
- About Low Carb Diets - discusses pros and cons of low carb diets, and nutrition tips.
- Vegetarian Diets - how to eat well for vegetarians.
- Water Needs - explains why we need water and approximately how much of it we need.
- Sample Menus - ideas and suggestions for your menu planning.
- Weight Maintenance - congratulations, you have achieved your weight goal! What's next?
- Tips for Managing Diabetes - discusses diet aspects of diabetes management.
- Tracking Diabetes with MyNetDiary - provides guidelines and tips for using MyNetDiary Diabetes module and MyNetDiary D iPhone app.
- Dietitian's Personal Account - a dietitian also needs to control weight and here she shares some personal strategies.
We recommend joining MyNetDiary Community - a friendly place where you can team up with other people to get support and
keep your motivation high!
Let us know in the Community Forum, which topics you would like to see discussed in future articles!