31 January 2013 Super Bowl Snack Facts
This Sunday is the "Big Game" between the San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Ravens, and it is estimated that at least half of the entire U.S. population will watch at least part of the game – that's over 155 million people! And what do most people do while watching the Super Bowl – they eat! Instead of posting a list of healthy snack swaps or recipes for low-fat dips, here is some "snack facts" to put it all in perspective. With MyNetDiary, you really do have the freedom to eat what you want; just in moderation and with accountability.
- The Super Bowl is the second largest "food day" during the year, with the top spot going to Thanksgiving. Most Americans double their daily calories on Super Bowl Sunday compared to any other day.
- According to the Snack Food Association, Americans will eat 33 million pounds of food in one day.
- 31 percent of game-watchers will order delivery or take-out.
- The average game-time eater will consume 1,200 calories in four quarters plus halftime.
- ne out of 12 Super Bowl watchers is there only to watch the commercials, and it's estimated they consume more calories than others out of sheer boredom. (Perhaps it's best to pick a team and start cheering!)
- Chicken wings are the top eaten food during game time. In fact, enough chicken wings will be eaten that if they were laid end-to-end they would stretch between San Francisco and Baltimore 27 times! Plus, 57 percent of chicken-wing eaters prefer to dip their wings in ranch dressing.
- Top pizza chains sell twice as many pizzas as any other day of the year.
- 1 million pounds of potato chips will be eaten on game day, and 14 billion hamburgers!
- Nearly 70 million pounds of avocados will be consumed on Sunday (see, it's not all unhealthy!).
- Beer is the most consumed drink of the Super Bowl. It is estimated that 49.2 million cases of beer will be sold for the big game alone.
So what's surprising here, if anything?Have questions or comments about this post? Please feel free to comment on MyNetDiary's Community Forum or Facebook page – We would love to hear from you. And consider visiting our new Pinterest page!
This article can be found at http://www.mynetdiary.com/super-bowl-snack-facts.html